To me, there is something innately creepy about birds. Crows/ravens specifically. Maybe this comes from watching Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds” at too early an age, but I have always found their monotone squawking and tendency to be sighted picking at roadkill off-putting. Unappealing as they may be, it’s these very qualities that make the macabre creatures perfect for Halloween. Wether it’s making a few paper silhouettes for your front porch or trying your hand at a nifty feathered lampshade, adding a few raven inspired touches to your Halloween decor is sure to frighten the neighbors. Here are a few of my favorite Halloween themed links from this month:
- A last-minute simple DIY Black Feather Lamp Shade from Le Shop
- Raven and skull party invitations embellished with spanish moss from Still River Press
- An eerie shadow puppet show inspired by ”The Birds” from Camille Styles
- These spooky tin can luminaries from Fishly News
- A Spiked Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate from Diethood would make the perfect grown-up treat
I hope you all have some fun plans for Halloween weekend!!!